Marketing With Integrity
The Ethical Business Book is a practical, non-preachy guide to Business Sustainability. It was shortlisted and, subsequently, Highly Commended at The Business Book Awards 2020.
Are marketers the supervillains of sustainability – encouraging overconsumption and misleading with greenwashing? This course shows how communicators can become sustainability superheroes – creating a new age of authentic marketing.
THE BIG PICTURE
- Why is everyone talking about Sustainability and ESG (Environmental Social Governance)?
- How does this affect business?
- The rise of conscious consumerism
- Reputational risk management
HISTORY OF GREENWASHING
- What is greenwashing and why is it such a problem?
GREEN CLAIMS CODE
- All you need to know about the Green Claims Code
MARKETING WITH INTEGRITY
- Selective transparency / symbolic corporate environmentalism
- Over-enthusiastic marketing
- Eco vs Ego warriors
- Check, challenge, clarify, change
- Pay it Forward
This is anyone who wants to challenge the negative aspects of marketing and champion honest, greenwash-free, communication practices.
This course provides an understanding of sustainability issues in the context of communications. Participants will learn how to professionally challenge claims, stamp out greenwashing, and market products in an authentic and responsible way.
Sample Source Material
Authentic Marketing – Larry Weber
Sustainable Marketing – Carvill, Butler & Evans
Good is the new Cool – Aziz & Jones